WELCOME TO THE NOMINATIONS FOR THE EXCELLENCE AWARDS 2017!
The Excellence Awards are a unique initiative to recognize, laud and celebrate the people behind our clean hotels, linen and facilities. Curated in 2008 for just the hospitality industry, the Awards grew not only in recognition but also in nominations across the last four editions. In 2015, the laundry and soft-facilities management categories were added – making the profile for these unique awards even larger. These nominations are judged by an esteemed 9-person jury comprising leading professionals from top hotels, Facilities, FM companies and Laundries.
RULES FOR NOMINATING
- Please ensure you have read the Nomination Guidelines before submitting your nomination
- All information provided on the nomination form shall be accepted as fact. If there would be any evidence that false information has been provided, the nomination in question will be disqualified.
- Previous experience is relevant, but the judges will focus on achievements from the past 12 months (October 2016 to October 2017)
- The same nominee cannot be nominated for two different categories
- Nominations must be fully complete, including all the attachments as requested. Failing to do so will again disqualify the nomination
- The nominee should be available to attend the Excellence Awards ceremony in Dubai on November 9, 2017 at Za’abeel Hall 2. In case the winning nominee is not present at the ceremony, a colleague should be present to receive the award on the winner’s behalf.
- The nominee must still be working in the same position (except for promotion) in order to be eligible to receive the award.
Last Date of Submission is October 20, 2017
GUIDELINES FOR A SUCCESSFUL NOMINATION
- The Awards are open to all categories of hotels and luxury apartments; FM companies, Cleaning Service Providers, Facilities with in-house cleaning staff; and Hotel and Central Laundries across the GCC region.
- This year we have three new awards: Central Laundry Attendant, Central Laundry Supervisor and Specialist Task Awards.The Specialist Task Award in the Soft FM categories will recognize cleaning operatives who work on high-risk jobs that require specialized cleaning including: façade cleaning, window cleaning, high-level cleaning, floor/stone restoration, swimming pool cleaning, tank cleaning, signage cleaning, etc.
- Nominations must be made by a senior representative on behalf of a member of staff. Nominees CANNOT nominate themselves.
- An independent judging panel will judge the nominations in a non-biased manner to reward the best performers in 2017.
- Please ensure that each nomination includes relevant and up-to-date information on achievements and developments over the past 12 months (October 2016 – October 2017). The nomination should also include a high-resolution photograph of the nominee (minimum 300 dpi and 1 MB) and an updated CV.
- All nominations must be submitted online on http://mectw.com/awards/. Nominations submitted in any other format will not be accepted.
- The online nomination form is split into three sections:
- Who are you nominating? Including contact information of the nominee and nominator
- Why should the nominee win the award? Please fill in all the parameters in the nomination form
- Supervisors only: Please complete the two sections for Supervisors on the nomination form(s) for housekeepingDo not copy and paste the same text into each answer box – each of the questions should have a unique response that increases the nominees chances of winning.
- The final deadline for nominations is October 1, 2017. Nominations received after this date will not be accepted. There will be no extensions to the deadline.
- Once the deadline for submitting nominations has elapsed, the independent panel of judges will compile firstly a shortlist of nominees (up to 10 per category). The judges will then meet to discuss the shortlisted nominees and decide upon the winners. The judges’ decision is final.
- The winners will be announced and awarded during the exclusive Excellence Awards ceremony to be held during the Middle East Cleaning Technology Week 2017 at Dubai World Trade Centre on November 9, 2017 at Za’abeel Hall 2. The winners will not be revealed until this date.
- For nomination enquiries, please contact, Shanti Petiwala: email@example.com/ Megha Anthony: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: +971 4 2970 512
All the best!