This year, the Waste Management Pavilion at MECTW 2017 introduces a whole new platform for knowledge sharing – a conference on Sustainable Waste Management in the Middle East. Middle Eastern countries are amongst the highest per capita waste producers in the world, as recent figures indicate. Ninety-five million tonnes of waste were generated in the GCC region in 2015 and this is expected to reach 120 million tonnes by 2020. One cannot emphasise enough the need for sustainable strategies and solutions to deal with the region’s growing environmental requirements.
In this context, the Sustainable Waste Management Middle East Conference offers the ideal platform for government and private sector experts and other stakeholders to meet and discuss the latest trends, emerging topics and lead interactive sessions.
Click Here to Download the Delegate Registration Form
November 7, 2017 | 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Keynote Address - 2:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Municipalities/Waste Management Authorities Round Table – 2:15 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Solid Waste Management and Recycling Strategy – Progress in the MENA region and way forward
- Ahmed Al-Sabahi
- Head of Municipal Solid Waste Planning, Be’ah Oman
- Eng. Naji Alradhi
- Waste Management & Treatment Expert, Waste Management Department, Dubai Municipality
- Sonia Nasser
- Executive Director, Ras Al Khaimah Waste Management Agency
Presentation – 3:00 p.m. – 3:20 p.m.
Medical and hazardous waste management – Practices and challenges
Presentation – 3:20 p.m. – 3:40 p.m.
Sustainable waste management in the hospitality industry
- Sandrine Le Biavant
- Director Consultancy, Farnek
Panel discussion – 3:40 p.m. – 4:20 p.m.
Smart waste management to close the loop – Potential, strategy and resource recovery in residential and commercial sectors
- Andrea Deutschbein
- Director FM, Soft Services, The Dubai Mall
- Jules Adem
- Commercial Manager, Suez Middle East Recycling LLC
- S. Madhumohan
- Director of Waste Management, Dulsco
- Eng. Peter Schmid, MSc
- Director of Public Waste Collection & Cleansing, Bee’ah
Panel discussion – 4:20 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Strategising to reduce and divert food waste in the hotel industry and along the supply chain
- Sheeba Tharayil
- Quality and Sustainable Development Manager, Accor Middle East
- Mateo Dugand
- Energy & Landfill Engineer, Ras Al Khaimah Waste Management Agency
- Rafael Lopez
- Regional General Manager-GCC, Blue
- Ranji Koshy
- C&S Controller, HSEQ Dept., Etihad Airport Services
- Christiane Abou Zeidan
- Corporate Director of Environment, Health and Safety
Rotana Hotel Management Corporation
Conference closes – 5:00 p.m.
*Topics are subject to change